Curious about the inner workings of Robin, our sales AI assistant? Wondering how we handle your data? Get answers to these and other commonly asked questions.
Who is Saleshero?
SalesHero is an AI startup based in San Francisco, CA. We work to empower sales reps through artificial intelligence. Our vision is to create the ultimate augmented intelligence personal assistant for high-performing sales reps. Find out more on our About Us page!
What is Robin?
Robin is a sales AI assistant powered by Hero_Flow, an AI business automated sales platform to help with repetitive (and boring) sales tasks. Robin mines information from a user’s calendar, email, CRM account, other company data sources and SalesHero’s database to automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
Each day the user will get a daily email that links to a to-do list of all of the tasks that can be automated. The user simply has to review and approve. Approved items will be updated in Salesforce.
SalesHero’s enterprise can build customized use cases that go beyond simple CRM updates. Please check out our Enterprise page for some example use cases.
For a more technical answer about the technology behind the scenes, please check out our Technology page.
I'm in sales. Why do I need Robin?
In short: It’s a big time-saver. According to Hubspot, more than 70 percent of sales reps spend too much time on data entry. Wouldn’t you rather spend your time selling? Robin takes out the busywork by automating those tedious, mind-numbing admin tasks that keep slowing you down. Robin also ensures that your accounts, contacts, and opportunities are up to date, so you always have reliable, actionable data at your fingertips. Every sales rep deserves to have an assistant that helps them sell more and spend less time on data entry. That’s why you need Robin.
Do I have to install anything?
No. All you have to do is sign up and connect your business email account and connect your CRM account.
How do I customize my parameters for recommended accounts?
It’s easy to customize your account suggestions based on region, company size, annual revenue or industry. You can navigate to the query page via this link or, you can:
- log into your account
- click on your account profile in the top right
- select ‘Prospecting” in the navigation field (top right)
Note, you will see the total number of possible suggested companies at the bottom. As you continue to define your parameters, this number will go down. We suggest remaining above 500 companies. You never know who could be your next deal!
Don’t forget to hit save. Robin will then start suggesting the best companies for you based on these parameters combined with your opportunity history.
If I’m having trouble signing up and SalesHero is asking for my email server’s IMAP information, what should I do?
It is sometimes necessary to add more details in the Advanced Options section when connecting your inbox to SalesHero using IMAP. Your IT team should be able to provide your mail server’s IMAP and SMTP information. Or, you can take the steps below to find them in your email client:
Apple Mail (Mac desktop)
- Click Mail in your Mac's toolbar > Preferences.
- In the top navigation bar, select Accounts, then click on the account you'd like to connect to SalesHero.
- Select Server Settings towards the top.
- Find the field for Incoming Mail Server. You will need the User Name and Host Name. Note, it is not possible to copy password details.
Outlook for Mac
- Click Outlook in your Mac's toolbar. Then select Preferences and then Accounts.
- In the left sidebar, click on the account you'd like to connect to SalesHero.
- Find the field for Incoming Mail Server. You will need the User Name and Incoming Server domain. Note, it is not possible to copy password details.
Outlook for PC
- In Outlook, click File. Then click Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In the Email tab, double-click on the account you'd like to connect to SalesHero.
- Below Server Information, you can find your incoming mail server (IMAP).
- To find the ports for each server, click More settings... > Advanced.
Apple Mail (iPhone)
- Navigate to your iPhone's Settings, and then click Accounts & Passwords
- Select the email account you'd like to connect to SaleHero.
- Select Account > Select Host Name and User Name. Note, it is not possible to copy password details.
How do I determine which version of Salesforce my company supports?
To verify which version of Salesforce your company is on, you can do one of the following:
Option 1: Hover Over the Salesforce Tab on your Browser Window
Log into Salesforce from a web browser and hover your mouse over the Salesforce tab. The edition of Salesforce will display over the tab.
Option 2: Find the Administration Setup Page in Salesforce
- From the Salesforce Administrator Account homepage, click on: User’s Name > Setup.
- On the left hand side of the Setup page, click on: Administration Setup.
- After clicking on Administration Setup, the Salesforce edition will appear within the middle section.
Which email and CRM systems do you support?
We support Gmail and any other email platform that provides IMAP access such as Microsoft Exchange Server and others. Currently, we only support Salesforce Enterprise and Unlimited integration for Individual licenses. However, we can customize to any CRM system or data platform for our Enterprise license. Please visit our Enterprise page to learn more. You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with one of our sales development representatives.
How do I engage with or use Robin? How does it work?
You don’t have to do anything to benefit from Robin’s skill set. Robin lives next to your email inbox and calendar, taking care of the busy work for you. It takes stock of new sales-related emails and events, finds new and missing account and contact info, and identifies new opportunities. Each day, Robin sends you an email with recommendations and you confirm what you want Robin to do. As time goes on, Robin learns from your preferences to personalize its daily offerings.
Why should I trust Robin with my data? Do you have a privacy and data protection policy?
Does Robin integrate with other tools?
Robin seamlessly integrates with any other tool that you or your sales team have already implemented. Robin only identifies gaps, or outdated/inaccurate information. This means there will never be any duplication.
Can I cancel my account?
Yes, you can cancel your account at any time. Simply log into your account and click on your account name at the top right. This will bring you to your profile with an option to delete your account. All data will be removed from our servers but any previously synced or logged data will remain in Salesforce.
I haven't recently received Robin's email. What should I do?
If you haven’t received your daily email from Robin, first check your spam folder. If the email is located, mark as ‘Not Spam’ (or ‘Not Junk’), which will allow future messages to get through.
If the email is not located, please check to see if you need to re-authenticate either your Salesforce or email account. Sometimes either company will recalibrate on their back end, causing SalesHero to disconnect. To check your connection status, log onto app.saleshero.ai/profile. It will prompt you to reconnect if needed.
If all else fails, simply email us at email@example.com and let us know your problem. We’re always happy to help!